DESCRIPTION & COLLECTIONS
THE MAIN GAME FEATURES INCLUDES
- Game is turn-based, using the I GO U GO system, each player taking one side (sides involve sometimes more than one nation).
- The map is divided into numerous regions, with various terrains and sometimes structures (ports, fortresses, airports ...), and potentially sources of income when necessary.
- When maintenance and purchase of forces is needed, or to acquire new event cards, a simple income system is activated.
- Combat units may be from the land, naval or air domains. You will find different types, such as infantdery, cavalry, artillery, guerrillas, submarines, flat tops, fighters, elephants, anti-aircraft batteries, etc ... All of which can be combined into different stacks for easy handling.
- Leaders are crucial in the game, as they have three main usages: first they give bonus to the base combat values of their stacks, second their morale values are use to check victory or defeat levels, and lastly they are necessary to launch attacks on the enemy.
- Two opposing stacks in the same region generate a battle, which is resolved in a semi-tactical way in two successive rounds. The game automatically calculates the various bonus and penalties of sides, their respective morale levels, allows for event cards play, and they each combat unit of each side shoots simultaneously (in most cases) at the enemy. Losses are taken in terms of hits and panics. The moral level of the initial army affected by the losses and panics suffered, which in turn may lead to rout, pursuit and breakthroughs.
- Multiple Events Cards packs are granted to each side, that they will use to influence all aspects of the game, such as alliances, income, movement, weather, leadership, number and quality of troops and finally many tactical aspects for the battles. This ensures both a real uncertainty in the game and a great replayability potential.
The Scenarios Collections
WAW essentially offers its scenarios into two collections, the Classic (short game play time, a hundred or so units, three dozens of event cards, a game map equivalent to about 2 game screens) and the Expanded (double size more or less from the Classic). Each scenario in each collection runs with the base engine equally. All can be bought directly from our webshop or that of our commercial partners.
Our program is to release one new scenario (of any of the current collections) every month in the coming years!
Scenarios from 2017 and 2018 are now ready and available now (or shortly) from our shop. Check our future schedule below.
Packs and Bundles
The game comes in the form of a WAW BASE PACK, made of the WAW game engine, a short Tutorial (based on the Bulge44 scenario) and 10 scenarios from the original release, as follows:
- 9 Classic scenarios : Hamilkar264, Hastings1066, Saratoga1777, Waterloo1815, Bull Run1861, Missouri1861, Normandy1944, Bulge1944, Six Days 1967
- 1 Expanded scenario: Berlin 1945
We offer also, with regular addition, different bundles which are the sum of various scenarios, either from the same year or covering a specific thematic. For example we have:
WAW Scenario Bundle #2017 = with 8 classic scenarios : Carrhae53, Morat1476, Kavkaz1804, Kentucky1861, West Virginia1861, Tannenberg1914, Congo1964, Mali2012, and 2 Expanded scenarios: Austerliz1805, Korea1950
WAW US CIVIL WAR 1861 Bundle = with 4 classic scenarios covering this specific year of the American Civil War : Bull Run 1861, Missouri 1861, Kentucky1861, West Virginia1861,
WAW CAESAR IN GALLIA Bundle = with 4 classic scenarios covering the campaigns of the great Roman general in ancient Gaul and Britain from 58 BC to 54 BC: Caesar58, Caesar57, Caesar56 and Caesar54
More will be added when the collections increase in content and subjects.
During the next few days after release, players will be given free access, inside the Tools section, to the Game Editor.
The Game Editor will allow you to customize your scenarios, as well as design new ones.